JadeLet's talk about one of most popular ornamental stones, Jade. Jade is applied to two different metamorphic rocks that are composed of different silicate minerals: Nephrite and Jadeite.
Jade was used since the prehistoric eras as a tool for hard stone carving. Among the earliest known jade artifacts excavated from prehistoric sites are simple ornaments with bead, button, and tubular shapes. Jade was also used for making extremely strong weapons such as knives, arrow and spear points and others. Jade has a hardness rate of 6.5 to 7.0 mohs. Many ancient cultures used Jade for the same ornamental and utilitarian purposes, which is very curious for completely distant cultures to use the same material for the same appliance.
Jade has been with humanity since 6,000 years ago, and is been known that it blesses whoever and whatever it comes in contact with. Jade has been the most highly esteemed stone in Chinese culture throughout recorded history, and it was valued for its beauty and powers of healing and protection. Although, Jade has been treasured for a deeper meaning, its metaphysical properties. It is known to be the ultimate dream stone, since those times, until today.
Popularly, Jade has been recognized as a green stone, but there are many other variants of colors when it comes to Jade. Healing properties of colored Jade are the following:
- Black Jade emanates strong, protective energies to ward off negative assault, physical or psychological, including self-limitation.
- Blue Jade calms the mind, encouraging peace and reflection, and is valuable in promoting visions and dreams.
- Brown Jade connects to the earth and provides comfort and reliability.
- Lavender Jade alleviates emotional hurt and provides spiritual nourishment. Its energy is of the highest etheric spectrum.
- Orange Jade brings joy and teaches the interconnectedness of all beings. It is energetic and quietly stimulating.
- Purple Jade encourages mirth and happiness, and purifies one's aura. It dispels the negative and increases one's level of discernment.
- Red Jade is a stone of life-force energy, dispelling fear that holds one back, and urges one to action.
- White Jade filters distractions, pulls in relevant, constructive information and aids in decision making.
- Yellow Jade is cheerful and energetic, a stone of assimilation and discrimination.
- Green Jade is a crystal of love. It is supportive of new love, and increases trustworthiness and fidelity.